WHO IS IT FOR?
In today’s society, and especially with the spread of Coronavirus, it is vitally important that anyone who is in a position of possible exposure to viruses and bacteria knows how to protect themselves and anyone with whom they interact. This infection control course is suitable for anyone and everyone who needs to know the best practice for preventing transmission of the Coronavirus and many other infections.
This course is not just for Health Professionals.
- It’s for Checkout Operators who take cash from the public
- It’s for Contract Cleaners who are asked to deep clean an office after an infection
- It’s for Electricians and Plumbers who have to keep the Lights on and the Water flowing
- It’s for Security Guards who have to control the movement of people
- It’s for the Waiter or Waitress who has to clear a table or serve food
- It’s probably for you too!
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
This course will teach you how to best protect yourself, your family and anyone you interact with.
The HSE have published guidelines stating that correct cleaning and disinfecting procedures are important to protect both yourself and others against the risk of Covid-19 infection.
This online infection control course is a great way for you to find out how to clean and disinfect your home and premises up to the standard required to minimise the spread of the virus.
- Start by defining infection prevention and control and explaining the impact of good and bad infection control.
- You will find out about the legislation that applies to infection control, and discover details about different types of microorganisms, how bacteria are transmitted, the chain of infection, and much more.
- This course covers infection prevention and control measures you need to stay safe. It aims to ensure the protection of those who might be vulnerable to acquiring an infection.
You will complete online assessments to achieve the Certificate approved by the Continuing Professional Development Service (CPD)