Online HACCP Food Safety Training
We have a fantastic selection of HACCP Food Safety training available here on the website. All of the Food Safety Training has been approved by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (ROSPA) and/or the Continual Professional Development service (CPD).
As you are aware, Food Handlers and their employers have a legal duty to manage Food Safety. These obligations are set out by a number of EU and Irish Laws. Failing to follow food safety standards can cause food to become contaminated with potentially fatal consequences.
Our HACCP based training is an excellent tool that can be used to help you ensure compliance. Training your employees with our online system will therefore go a long way to give them greater awareness of the dangers that poor food safety standards pose, as well as covering how food safety risks actually arise and how to control and prevent them.
1. HACCP Level 3 – only €135 per person As a Manager, Supervisor or owner of a Food Business you should do the Supervising HACCP Level 3 course. When you pass this course, you will receive a certificate which demonstrates that you can supervise and train staff to handle food safely and hygienically. This is a very comprehensive course which starts with basic definitions of key words, then follows a logical path through other topics including the types of food hazards, personal hygiene, pest control, legislation, enforcement, and the design and cleaning of food premises and equipment. It also discusses how to implement a successful food safety management system.
2. HACCP Level 2 – only €35 per person
This course will start by covering some of the key terms you will need to understand before moving on to identifying critical control points and analysing some of the key hazards. It will show you how to determine control points and how to avoid cross-contamination in the food chain. It will also cover some of the control measures that can be taken along with how to address a problem if a critical limit is breached.
Towards the end of the course all this will be brought together by taking you step by step through the implementation of HACCP and see how the 7 principles of HACCP are integrated into the whole process.
3. Allergen Awareness only €35 per person
Allergies occur when the body’s immune system reacts to a usually harmless substance as though it is harmful. Every year, the number of people with allergies is increasing so having an awareness of potential allergens and why they can be harmful is becoming more important.
This course covers general allergies, food allergies and food intolerances and explains the differences between them. It covers the 14 allergens controlled by legislation. It takes a detailed look at the symptoms of food allergies and the current theories of why rates are increasing. It then finishes off by covering practical steps that can be taken to reduce the risk from allergens.
4. Level 1 Food Safety – HACCP – only €15 per person
There are 3 courses available that have been targeted to Manufacturing, Catering and Retail.
The course duration varies from person to person as they can work at their own pace. However the average time taken is about 90 minutes. The Level 1 Awards in Food Safety provide an ideal solution to staff induction training including:
- New employees with minimal or no prior food safety knowledge;
- Employees handling low-risk or wrapped foods (category A);
- Front of house employees, such as waiting or check out staff;
- Back of house employees, such as kitchen porters or warehouse staff.
5. Level 2 Food Safety – HACCP – only €25 per person
As with Level 1, there are 3 courses available at Level 2 that have been targeted to Manufacturing, Catering and Retail.
The duration of the Level 2 courses also varies from person to person but it can take up to half a day to work through. The Level 2 Awards in Food Safety are suited for anyone working in a catering, manufacturing or retail setting where food is prepared, cooked and handled.
Typical environments may include:
- Pubs, hotels, restaurants;
- Supermarkets and retail environments;
- Food and drink manufacturers
- Care homes;
Click HERE for our brochure on Food Safety Training
Note on Food Safety Legislation and HACCP
All Food Safety Legislation in Ireland originates in directives from the European Union. For this reason, food safety standards and training are transferable across the Union. To support this and also to follow the “One Island” approach, Ireland and the UK signed the British-Irish Agreement Act in 1999. This means that training and standards are applicable in both jurisdictions.